Sunday 18 April 2010

Blurt at the Bull and Gate


Jazz pogo noir trio Blurt play tonight at the Bull and Gate. Their sound is abrasive, almost brutal - minimal repetitive guitar riffs with bursts of hysterical saxophone and lyrics half chanted half screamed. I came across them on an old Factory Records compilation, and they stood out a mile from everything else on the record, their music sounded so raw and alive that everything else seemed a bit bloodless in comparision.

I had no idea they were still together (but then I read a interview with Ted Milton the lead singer, and the journalist said the same thing to him back in 1985) and I can't believe my luck that I going to see them. Tickets are only £6 from here.

Blurt - Puppeteer

Blurt - Kenny Roger's Greatest Hit

No comments:

Post a Comment