Saturday 21 November 2009

It's good to go outside

After a horrible hermit like week of exam panic I left my house last night to go see the guys from Optimo dj at Dalston Superstore. I'd been looking forward to hearing them for ages and it was every bit as good as I hoped it would be. Thought I'd post a couple of the songs I most enjoyed to distract me from my hangover.

Release the Beast by Den Haan. Dark menacingly camp italo-disco, people were dancing on tables to it. Den Haan means 'the cock' in Dutch I now know.

Simian Mobile Disco's new single Cruel Intentions. It's got Beth Ditto on vocals and an angsty lesbian armpit orgy of a video, can't wait for the album.



Den Haan - Release the Beast
Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions(Maurice Fulton remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment